One Creative Thought

RX: One creative thought, take daily until the symptoms go away. Find creative suggestions and/or solutions to problems within and without the US.

Monday, April 17, 2006

Recommended Reading - Why I Left Jihad


For those of you who know about Revelations but always believed the modern interpretations and explanations seemed hard to grasp, I recommend "Why I Left Jihad" by Walid Shoebat.

I am a writer, "in search of" a publisher for my first complete novel. One day not too long ago, as I sat down to lay out the chapters of my second book, I visited Zola Levitt's website.

If you've never been, go and watch his video programs - they are outstanding. But it is there, on Zola's website that I first came upon Walid Shoebat's story.

Sad at first, then joyous after, I watched Zola's interview of Walid Shoebat. A former terrorist finds Jesus Christ? I would think this would be earth-rattling news.

When I heard mention of his book I had to read it. And am I glad I read it - I highly recommend it for anyone wondering of Revelations.

Walid was immersed in Islam teachings from his very early youth. Well - I won't give his story away - but Walid makes his way to Jesus Christ and becomes a Christian. But not some easy-going, once-a-week for an hour Christian, oh no. He is adamant, outspoken and antimated, a very passionate follower and believer of Christianity.

Walid's knowledge of Islam - now exposed to his passionate Christian Faith - helps Walid bring Revelations together in a way I'd not encountered before.

Classic interpretation of Revelations tell you the next and final antichrist will come from "Rome". Some even suggest he will rise up from the Catholic faith and a few will tell you the antichrist will be a pope.

Yet many of the actions of this antichrist simply do not and have never tied back to Rome (directly), especially the Catholic church. Think of the passages which speak of the "Great Mystery Babylon", or the nations of the world weeping for the loss of a city... and the beheading of those who refuse to follow the antichrist.

This is where Walid's knowledge of Islam benefits Christianity immensely. He maps out Revelations clearly, precisely and in a way I've not read or heard of before or since. He provides ample citations for reference checking and is very thorough in his delivery.

As you read Walid's book you'll likely get the impression he wrote it quickly and it was edited even quicker. It is not perfect in punctuation nor in literary form; but it is powerful.

There is an energy inside this book, an energy of necessity to get what has been revealed from his life onto paper and out into the world.

And Walid has intimated (in interviews and in passages within his book) he is most likely marked for death. Makes sense - especially when you read his discourse on Revelations and End Times and how they relate to Islam.

His analysis of the history of Islam and therefore, Islamic Nations, ties Revelations together so completely, so easily, that when you finish the book, you'll want to slap your forehead and say, "Duh!"

You will wonder how you missed it all these years. And you'll also wonder why others have "missed it" and continue to miss it. And then, you'll suddenly appreciate how the Spirit moved within Walid Shoebat and brought this knowledge to the world.

Then, you'll start telling others what you've read, how it makes sense and really, how important it is for them to read his book too.

IMHO, Walid Shoebat has hit the proverbial nail on the head. Get it, read it and feel a bit better knowing how it all really fits together. Amen!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home